The Natural History Museum of the Lesvos Petrified Forest and the Kalloni EIC in an effort to raise awareness about the Lesvos UNESCO Geopark and the Protected Natural Areas of the island, invite you to take part in our outdoor activities.
Our April 17 birdwatching event was cancelled due to the rainy weather so we are organising our next one right away! Join us on Sunday, May 8, 2022, from 09:30 to 11:30, for a guided birdwatching event by the Faneromeni area, Sigri and to celebrate the World Migratory Bird Day (spring)!!
Adults and kids older than 8 years old may participate in our event, but families are welcome! No more than 15 will be allowed in a group (infants included) and it is required to register for the event. The event will last for 1,5 hours and will involve walking around the trails of the park. Please bring your own binoculars if possible, although binoculars will be available by the centre if needed.
Register for the event: +3022510-47033, +30-6972809610 or by message at our contact form.
What we will do
- I short introduction of how to use your equipment (binoculars), a spotting scope and an identification guide (book) just before we start our walk.
- We will take a walk along with the fields of the area and the river to find the migrating birds that find shelter in the area.
- A small "spoiler": we will find several species of migrating herons and passerine birds and also some of the area's special breeders!
What we will need
- to register for yourself (or your company) make a call to +30-22510-47033 (secretariate of the Natural History Museum of the Lesvos Petrified Forest)
- hat and comfortable walking shoes
- a bottle of water
- mood for discoveries!
Do not forget, our group will exceed 15 people so register soon!
Looking forward to going birding with you!
The World Migratory Bird Day is celebrated twice a year, in the first half of May and the first half of October!